Our testing expertise goes a long way in supporting formulators and manufacturers develop products that are safe and effective.
Cosmetic and personal skin care products can be a complex combination of ingredients and measurements. Whether you are a consumer or cosmetics manufacturer, it’s important to confirm the safety of your products. Untested cosmetics are a serious issue and can cause illnesses from contaminated raw materials or final products that may contain hazardous chemicals and heavy metals, product preservatives or harmful microorganisms.
|Skin Care||Beauty Care|
|Body Care||Personal Care|
Hand Sanitizer Testing
Our testing services verify your products are compliant with the following safety and quality standards for Canada and USA:
- Canada: Health Canada – Antiseptic Skin Cleansers Monograph
- US: OTC Topical Antimicrobial Drug Products (21 CFR)
- United States Pharmacopeia (USP)
Raw Materials and Formulation Testing
We test the raw material components used in sanitizers and disinfectants to verify ingredients and screen for impurities to ensure the products are safe for use.
- Ethanol Alcohol Testing:
- Gas chromatography testing for ethanol purity, including ethanol content (up to 98.8%), methanol content, and other impurities.
- Isopropyl Alcohol (IPA) Testing:
- Testing is offered to standards such as United States Pharmacopoeia (USP), Federal Chemical Codex (FCC) testing and using in-house methods.
- Gas Chromatography (GC) Analysis:
- Assay and impurity test for major components of alcohol-based hand sanitizers which includes volatile alcohols such as ethanol, methanol, n-propanol and iso-propanol.
- Efficacy Test
- To demonstrate that the products are effective in the inactivation or removal of bacterial microorganisms from hands.
Finished Product Testing
Finished product testing of hand sanitizers to meet third party verification of applicable Industry and Regulatory Standards
- % IPA in finished product
- % ethanol in finished product
- Chemical characterization of packaging
Sunscreen and other Cosmetic Actives
Hand Sanitizers (Alcohol Based)
Heavy Metal Contaminants
Residual Solvents (Class-1, -2, -3)
Prohibited and Restricted Ingredients Testing as per Health Canada’s Cosmetic Ingredient Hot-list
Regular Service for routine sample turnaround time is 7- 10 business days.
Rush Service available for 5 day and 2 day turnaround at additional rates.
Regular Service for routine sample turnaround time is 7- 10 business days. Rush Service available for 5 day and 2 day turnaround at additional rates.